TRANSACTIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL COVERSATIONS

UNIT 1

TRANSACTIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL COVERSATIONS



1.     Expressions to ask , give and refuse help
Asking For Help
Giving Help
Refuse To Help
·         Could You Help me to . . ?
·         Can You Help me, please ?
·         Give me a Hand, please?
·         Please, close the . .
·         Would you mind if i ask for a favor ?
·         Would you kindly me to . . ?
·         Do you Mind . .
·         Do me a favor, please
·         Ok
·         Sure
·         Certainly
·         Why not
·         Let me . .
·         Anything For you
·         Here, let me help you to . .

·         No
·         Sorry
·         I can't
·         I'm afraid I can't
·         Not at the moment, please
·         That's very kind of you, but . .
2.    Expressions To Ask, Give And Refuse and Offer
Asking For
Giving an Offer
Refuse an Offer
·         Could You . . . . ?
·         Can you  . . . . me, please ?
·         Give me a . . . . please ?
·         Would you mind if i ask for  . . . . ?
·         Would you kindly me to . . . . ?
·         Do you mind . . . .

·         Can i get you .... ?
·         Do you want ?
·         Would you like to have . . . . ?
·         Would you like something to . . . . ?
·         Maybe you want . . . ?
·         No thanks
·         No at the moment
·         No, maybe later
3.    Expressions to ask for, give and deny information
Asking for Information
Giving Information
Denying Information
·         Tell me about . . . ?
·         Do you know . . . . ?
·         Can you tell me ....?
·         Could you tell me . . . . ?
·         I'd like to know . . . . ?

·         Yes, it is . . . . ?
·         I do know that. it . . . .?
·         I'll tell you about it. it . . .?
·         Listen, i know that . . . .?
·         How do you know ?


·         Are you sure, that's not what i know .....
·         As far as I know . . . .
·         That's not true
·         I don't know
·         I can't remember



First


EmoticonEmoticon